Classes teach students the English language while they learn to cook
English in the Kitchen uses cooking as a tool to teach English. The classes are intended for those learning English as a second language. Daily and/or weekly classes, conversation partners, and simple challenges encourage our students to practice what they learn in class. We explore a new recipe focused on a particular food genre or region in the USA. Because there is so much culture wrapped up in food, we are able to teach more than just vocabulary. We have a plethora of recipes and food themes to choose from.
We’ll provide the kitchen, tools, food, recipes and instruction. This is no ordinary language class! The language proficiency varies in each class, but it works because the common language is food.
- English/Cooking lessons with recipes. Each lesson is 1 1/2 hours, which includes related topics dealing with idioms, phrasal verbs, food & restaurant vocabulary and different types of food themes and their history.
- Suitable for beginner, intermediate and advance levels
- Cultural significance of recipes included in every lesson
- A complete cooking hands-on experience with historical food commentary
Most classes, which are limited to about 8-12 students, takes place in the evening.
- American Desserts: Pumpkin Pie, Apple Pie, Pecan Pie, Red Velvet Cake, Pineapple Upside Down Cake, Peach Cobbler, Brownies
- American Breakfast: Buttermilk Pancakes, Denver Omelet with Hash browns, Cinnamon Buns
- American Regional Foods: Fish Tacos, Chicken & Sausage Jambalaya, Homemade Pizza, BBQ, Monte Cristo Sandwich…
- American Comfort foods: Spaghetti & Meatballs, Chicken Soup & Bread, Grilled Cheese & Tomato Soup, Meatloaf, and Macaroni & Cheese, Chicken Pot Pie, Buttermilk mash potatoes, creamed spinach…
- American Outdoors: Chili Dogs, and Hamburgers & Homemade Buns, Pulled Pork & Coleslaw, Southern Fried chicken, Potato salad
[contact-form-7 404 "Not Found"]