Payment of Fees: All students must have paid in full at least 30 days before arrival. Program, accommodation or airport transfer details will not be confirmed until all fees have been paid in full.
Insurance: Every student must have appropriate medical insurance.
Registration Fee: The $150 registration fee is non-refundable.
Tuition, Insurance and Airport Transfers:
- Where cancellations are received in writing at least 30 days before the course start date, program, airport transfer and insurance costs will be refunded.
- For cancellations received in writing less than 30 days before the course start date but before the first day of the course, students will be charged 50% of program cost and any airport transfers arranged. Insurance costs will be refunded.
- For after arrival, in no case money will be refunded once the course and/or lodging has started. Deposits and fees are not transferable from person to person. Students are advised to take out cancellation insurance with their local provider in case they need to cancel their courses within 40 days of the start date, or while they are on the course.
- Two business days’ notice is required for any changes to the airport transfer reservation. Failure to notify Wynton’s World of any such changes may result in a failure to be picked up and/or loss of airport transfer fees.
Approval to Use Photos & Printed Material: I understand that Wynton’s World may take my photograph or ask me for written statements during studies which may be used for promotional or marketing purposes in the future. I grant Wynton’s World, and its affiliates, the world-wide right to use my first/given name, country of origin, photograph and written statements for any commercial use.
Loss / Damage: Wynton’s World is not responsible for the loss or damage of any personal belongings brought onto the premises or into accommodation; students are encouraged to have sufficient insurance coverage in the event of loss or damage and to ensure the safe-keeping of their belongings at all times.
Visas, Permission to Travel, and other travel documents:
- A student visa (F-1, I-20 form) is not required for the program. You can travel on a tourist visa or a Visa Waiver program.
- It is the responsibility of the student to contact their local embassy (or other appropriate office) in good time in order to obtain any visas/entry documents required for visiting the USA. In cases where a visa is refused, please send us a copy of the visa refusal letter from the Embassy or Consulate. Our normal cancellation charges apply if notification of a failed visa application is received less than 40 days before the course begins. If the visa refusal letter is received more than 40 days before the course begins, a full refund will be given less non-refundable items and bank and payment processing charges, if any.
- WYNTON’S WORLD reserve the rights to terminate without refund the classes and accommodation of any student whose conduct is clearly inappropriate.
- WYNTON’S WORLD will make all refunds within 30 days to the person or agency that paid the invoice.
- You may arrive the Sunday before your program begins, and must leave the host family the Saturday after the program ends unless prior approval is given by both the host family and the Director of Wynton’s World.
- You must pay your entire program fee before you arrive in North Carolina to begin your homestay. You may pay by bank draft, money order, or wire transfer. Be sure that Wynton’s World receives your program fee before you arrive in North Carolina
- Students living in an American home must follow family rules. Each family will have different rules. Improper behavior toward your host family will not be tolerated.
- Students must respect the host family’s property. Students who damage the host family’s property must pay for the damages.
- Cigarette smoking (inside the house), alcoholic beverages, and/or illegal drugs are not allowed at any time.
- The student is responsible for any long distance telephone calls. You should call collect or use a private calling card. If this is not possible, your family may require a deposit for use of their phone for long distance calls. Please note that use of the telephone is at the discretion of the family.
NOTE: Violation of any of the above rules will result in the student’s removal from the host family without a refund (in severe cases), or in a verbal or written warning. Continued improper behavior by a student on warning will result in expulsion from the homestay and Wynton’s World without a refund.
- Transportation for shopping or for other reasons is at the discretion of the family. Please notify the director of Wynton’s World if you are having difficulty locating transportation for necessary local travel.
- Your host family is not responsible for providing your personal items (e.g., tissue paper, shampoo, toothpaste, and other toiletries).
- You are responsible for keeping your room neat, and for helping keep the house neat when you use an area other than your room.
- Visitors are allowed only at the discretion of the family. Please let your family know your plans when you are not at home. Please do not disturb them when you come in late.
The Host Family’s Responsibilities
Your host family will provide breakfast and dinner on class days, and lunch on days when there is no class. You should make arrangements for your own lunch. Your host family will do the general house cleaning.
NOTE: Wynton’s World understands that the American way of life may be different from yours. Please make an effort to discuss things with your host family. Wynton’s World host families care about their students. Please try to accept their invitations to participate in family life.