Visa Information

visaWynton’s World specializes in short-stay English language courses. Our students stay for 1 month with the option to continue. If you are coming to the United States to study English, then you will need a visa. This section helps you work out how to get a United States visa in your country.

If you plan to study English in the United States then you should get a B2 Visitor Visa. This is the easiest type of visa to get for the United States. Wynton’s World focuses on short-term English language courses, so we are the perfect program for you!

If you plan to study English in the United States for a continuous period longer than 12 weeks, then you need to apply for a Student Visa. This is a more complicated process and you will need to find a school which specializes in long-term English language study. Some schools have students who have been studying English up to six years. These types of schools are different to ours in that they don’t focus on short-term language courses.

To apply for a B2 Visitor Visa:

  1. Before you apply for a visa, you should request a letter from Wynton’s World. In this letter we will explain the purpose of your visit (pleasure and study) and this will help you with your application.
  2. The purpose of your visit must be to study and for pleasure
  3. You must have the finances to cover your expenses while you are in the US
  4. You must have a home/residence outside the US and other social and economic reasons to go home after your course in the US
  5. For all visa applicants between 14-79 years old, you will have an interview at the Embassy or Consulate.
  6. Making your appointment for an interview is the first step in your visa application. The waiting time for an interview appointment for applicants can vary, so early visa application is strongly encouraged. For more information on the wait time at the nearest US Embassy or Consulate to you, go to the US website at Visa Wait Times or your local Embassy website
  7. When you apply for a B2 Visitor Visa, you must complete the Online Nonimmigrant Visa Electronic Application, Form DS-160. You can complete this form at this page
  8. When you go for your interview, you must take with you a passport valid for travel to the US and a validity date at least six months beyond the applicant’s intended period of stay in the US and one photograph. – the photograph must be 5 cm x 5 com (2×2 inch) – the photograph must be in color with a plain white background – no glasses can be worn unless they are prescription glasses
  9. To apply for a B2 Visitor Visa, you must pay $160 (subject to change) to the Embassy or Consulate where you have your interview.

 For more information on Applying for a B2 Visitor Visa, click here

To apply for an F1 Student Visa

Apply online & pay your initial fees.
  • Fill out our quick online application here.
  • Initial fees for I-20 includes: Application Fee: $100.00 | Homestay Application Fee: $100.00
  • You may request an invoice for your initial fees by clicking this link..

Submit scan of your passport.

  • Submit a copy of your passport data page (the page with your name, date of birth, etc.). You can email us a scan of your passport by clicking this link.

Submit financial documentation.

  • Send us a copy of a bank statement showing that you have more than $4,400 USD for  study. Please include the current exchange rate and the balance of your account in American dollars (USD).
  • If the bank statement belongs to someone who is not in your family, and he/she will be supporting you during your studies in the U.S., then we will need a balance statement and an affidavit of support. If the person who will support you is living here in the U.S., but not in North Carolina, then he/she must pay the site fee for one session in advance ($200 USD non-refundable) before WWLC can mail you the I-20.
  • You can email us a scan of your financial documentation by clicking this link.

When you have successfully completed steps 1-3 above, you should receive your I-20 from Agape within 3-7 business days.

Create your I-20 shipment.

  • Register for an eShipGlobal (“UEMS”) account (
  • Click the document icon (or “SEND/RECEIVE DOCUMENTS FROM UNIVERSITY”)
  • Enter “Wynton’s World Language Center” in the university search box
  • Select your preferred carrier/shipping service (FedEx, UPS or DHL)
  • Select method of payment (Credit/Debit Card, Wire Transfer or PayPal) & enter payment information
  • *Please note that the shipment must go directly to the student, not to an agent or a family member. You will need to change the shipping address if it is different from the address associated with the account.
  • Once your payment has been processed, you will automatically receive a confirmation email, and your shipping label will be sent to Wynton’s World Language Center. Once WWLC has processed and shipped your document, you will automatically receive an email notification confirming that your package is in transit and also your tracking information.
  • You may check the status of your shipment at any time, 24/7, by logging into your eShipGlobal account, downloading the “UEMS” mobile app, or by contacting eShipGlobal Customer Service.

Step 5: Schedule your visa interview appointment.

  • Once you have received your I-20 form, you must apply for a student visa and make an interview appointment at the U.S. embassy or consulate in your country. It is very important to schedule an interview as soon as possible, because the waiting time can be several weeks. You can find instructions to schedule an appointment on the U.S. embassy website.
  • Important: Before you go to the embassy or consulate, please read “Five Ways to Prepare for Your Visa Interview” using this link:

Step 6: Pay FMJ fee.

  • Attention: Students who want to enter the United States with a student (F-1) visa must remember to pay the SEVIS I-901 fee ($350 USD) at least three business days before going to the U.S. embassy or consulate for their visa interview. (Information on the SEVIS fee can be found at the following websites The SEVIS fee can be paid online. You can also pay by check or money order. Each student must pay the SEVIS fee directly to SEVIS. Agape will not accept any money from students for the SEVIS fee.
  • You can pay your FMJ fee by clicking this link.

If you have any questions or need more information, please e-mail